Travel Writing Contest
Venue : Aalo
Arunachal Tourism Society Aalo in collaboration with District Administration, West Siang brings to you
TRAVEL WRITING CONTEST
“Experience of an unexplored destination from West Siang & Shi-Yomi District”
Rules and guidelines:
1. Competition is open to all citizens of India above the age of 18 years.
2. Write up must be limited to a maximum of 800 words.
3. One applicant can submit only one entry for the contest.
4. Write up must be based on one’s own experience and not taken from any other printed/on-line work.
5. Photographs may be suitably provided along with write-up. A maximum of 2(two) photographs are allowed per entry.
6. Suitable title may be provided.
7. Entries may be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. All entries must include the following details about the author:
d. Postal address.
e. Contact number.
f. Email address.
9. Results will be displayed on the website: https://westsiang.nic.in on 20th September. The winners will be notified in their email address.
10. Judging criteria:
a. Nature of area/less explored.
b. Level of interaction with local populace.
c. Level of tourism potential in the area described.
d. Relevance of photographs to the text.
e. Creativeness of author.
f. Clarity of language & Grammar.
g. Relevance of text to theme/content.
h. Relevance to caption.
i. Originality & Style.
1st Prize -Rs. 35, 000/-
2nd Prize -Rs. 20, 000/-
3rd Prize -Rs. 15, 000/-
Two Consolation prizes of Rs. 5000/- each
12. All three winning entries will get an all-expense paid trip in few selected parts of West Siang & Shi-Yomi district and the opportunity to showcase their experiences on government forum.
13. All three winners will have to compulsorily participate in the paid trip which will be held right after prize distribution ceremony to be held in 27th September, 2019. The winners will have to submit a brief write-up on their travel experiences after completion of the trip.
14. Key dates:
August 14 : Competition opens.
September 14: Last Date of Submission.
September 20: Winners announced.
September 27: Prize distribution Ceremony.